Join the CBS-SCB Board of Directors: 2023 Nominations Now Open
- Join a dynamic and friendly team.
- Contribute to the advancement of bioethics in Canada.
- Promote the causes of the Society.
- Build connections in bioethics across Canada.
Board roles open for election in May 2023 (full role details here):
Fundraising Officer – 2 year term, renewable once
- Developing and implementing fundraising strategies in alignment with the mission and values of the CBS-SCB.
- Identifying potential sources of funding and preparing proposals to government granting agencies.
- Working collaboratively with other members of the Board to help manage fundraising activities and meet the financial needs of the CBS-SCB.
Conference Liaison Officer – 2 year term, renewable once
- Identify and collaborate with local organizing committees hosting annual conferences to
- ensure required processes are in place, including abstract review, registration, venue
- booking, and Liaise with conference planners as needed
- Collaborate with other Directors as needed to develop and deliver member services and benefits
President-Elect – 4 year term – President-Elect (1 yr), President (2 yrs), Past President (1 yr)
- Lead the Awards and Board of Directors Nominations Committees
- Oversee Board priority setting and strategic planning
- Support all Directors and others in their work serving members
- Participate in regularly scheduled Board meetings and related events – English is usually the language of Board operations.
- Support specific Board initiatives through leading or participating in ad hoc sub-committees.
- Promote CBS-SCB initiatives within professional networks.
- Participate in the CBS-SCB Annual Business Meeting.
- Attend the CBS-SCB conference.
- Commit between 10-15 hours a month, depending on the role and time of year.
CBS-SCB members may nominate themselves or other members.
- Ensure your membership is current. If necessary, renew your membership here.
- Complete a nomination form before April 15th.
- Fill out a Nomination Form here. Note: CBS-SCB members nominating another member for a Board position must inform that member and obtain the necessary background information along with the nominee’s consent to share it.
- Consent to sharing of relevant nomination information (Name, role, ands/reasons) with all CBS-SCB members prior to elections.
- CBS-SCB members will elect Board Members by electronic ballot at the Annual Business Meeting in May 2023.
Would you like to know more?
Feel free to contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org