Queen’s University – Ethics Coordinator
Reporting to the Manager, Research Ethics Compliance, the Ethics Coordinator acts as an administrator and resource person for the Queen’s University Research Ethics Boards (Health Sciences and Affiliated Teaching Hospitals Research Ethics Board (“HSREB”) and/or General Research Ethics Board (“GREB”). The Ethics Coordinator manages board activities and expedites the review process for the Board to ensure that reviews are completed in an effective and efficient manner, facilitates the assignment and processing of research protocols, and ensures the appropriate review of associated documentation such as amendments, deviations, adverse events and renewals. The Ethics Coordinator is responsible for ensuring that ethics submissions comply with university and other regulatory guidelines relating to ethics clearance and facilitates the submission process by advising researchers of the appropriate procedures and requirements.
Committed to equity, diversity and inclusion the Ethics Coordinator works closely with the Chair, Manager and Ethics Compliance Advisor to ensure that any problems or issues amongst investigators and the Board are addressed and provides strategies and advice to researchers cross the university to ensure that deadlines and requirements are achieved.
• Bachelor’s degree in Social Sciences, Health Sciences or relevant field.
• Minimum of 5 years experience in a research or regulatory setting.
• Knowledge of medical research terminology is considered an asset.
• Sound knowledge of the regulations and guidelines governing clinical research and research ethics.
• Strong computer skills including Word, Excel, Outlook.
• Competency with medical and scientific terminology to a level which allows the discussion and recording of medical research issues and preparing correspondence, reports and summaries of medical studies.
• Consideration may be given to an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Application deadline: April 18, 2021
For more information and to apply: https://queensu.njoyn.com/CL4/xweb/Xweb.asp?tbtoken=Z1FdQh4XCB0FYQYCMCElCFM4dGBEcCNec0ggUF4ME2xZUUUbKEQfcRcuJS5ALiReeQkbUxFaS3cqWA%3D%3D&chk=ZVpaShw%3D&clid=74827&page=jobdetails&jobid=J0121-0766&BRID=EX187958&SBDID=1&LANG=1