Lakehead University, Thunder Bay Campus, invites applications for a part-time Research Ethics Coordinator. We are looking for an individual interested in working part-time flexible hours (15 – 20 hours per week); competitive salary available. The Research Ethics Coordinator reports to the Manager, Research Ethics & Contracts and provides administrative support to the Research Ethics Board and Animal Care Committee. Relevant administrative experience supporting a board/committee is an asset. Familiarity with research processes is also an asset but not a requirement; on-the-job training and office equipment will be provided.
• Responsible for the preliminary review of new ethics application and the coordination the ethics review of these applications through all stages of the review process
• Monitor the status of pending ethics applications, and those being reviewed through the reciprocity agreement with TBRHSC
• Provide information to researchers with respect to the research ethics submissions process
• Follow up with researchers regarding outstanding responses, missing documentation, committee requests for clarification/revisions
• Provide administrative support during Research Ethics Board and Animal Care Committee meetings
• Undertake background research regarding best practices, policies and procedures
• Provide administrative support in finalizing and processing sponsored research contracts
• Perform other related duties as required
• Minimum bachelor’s degree in the social sciences, humanities and health preferred
• Proficiency with PCs, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel), databases, etc.
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
• Excellent organizational, interpersonal and customer service skills
• Ability to safeguard confidential information
• Ability to work independently and as a team player
Applications will be reviewed commencing June 7, 2021.
Interested applicants are invited to apply by submitting a single PDF document containing a cover letter and resume to:
Email: [email protected]eheadu.ca