The Hamilton Integrated Research Ethics Board is an integrated research ethics board that reviews research studies on behalf of Hamilton Health Sciences, McMaster University and the Research Institute of St. Joe’s Hamilton. HiREB is responsible, on behalf of the Institutions, for ensuring that all research involving human subjects meets current ethical standards.
The Hamilton Integrated Research Ethics Board Manager leads the HiREB administrative team. The HiREB Manager facilitates and shares research priorities and activities with the team, creating an environment that promotes client service and encourages team involvement in research strategic initiatives.
The Manager advises on process, issues, and policies related to human research ethics. The Manager nurtures and maintains productive relationships with all HiREB institutions, shares information, and develops new practices as required to support research activity at all of the HiREB institutions.
1. Undergraduate degree in a relevant discipline.
2. Minimum of five years’ experience or the equivalent combination of education in research ethics management experience.
3. Academic hospital and university environment experience.
4. Knowledge of research procedures as well as of Canadian regulatory and policy requirements for conducting research that involves humans.
5. Ability to work at an advanced level with Word, Powerpoint, Sharepoint, Excel and Access.
For more information and to apply: