Work Type:Full-Time Permanent
Positions Available: 2
Union Affiliation:Non Union
The Office of Research Administration (ORA) provides administrative support (HR, Finance, Contracts and Project Management) for all researchers at Unity Health Toronto. The Office of Research Administration (ORA) is looking for 2 Research Contracts Specialists to join the research contracts team. The primary responsibility of the Research Contracts Specialist will be to undertake the development/receipt, review and negotiation of high-risk clinical trial agreements that support researchers across all three sites (St. Michael’s Hospital, St. Joseph’s Health Centre and Providence Healthcare).
Currently staff in the ORA are working from home full-time. Unity Health has introduced a work from home policy and we anticipate a combination of work from home and onsite work will start in the fall/winter of 2021 (depending on the pandemic). The ORA offices are located near the St. Michael’s Hospital site in leased office space.
- The receipt (or development), review and negotiation of clinical trial agreements, and other research-related contracts as assigned.
- The Research Contracts Specialist ensures that Unity Health Toronto is properly accounted for and that all research, legal, regulatory, financial, and other business/risk requirements are reflected in Unity Health’s favor for each clinical trial agreement.
- The Research Contracts Specialist will negotiate contractual terms on behalf of Unity Health and its Researchers.
- Additional responsibilities will include reviewing budgets, working with the hospital departments to ensure support of specific research needs (Risk, REB, privacy etc.); as well as advocating on behalf of researchers with internal departments;
- The successful candidate will maintain liaisons with the University of Toronto and Unity Health Toronto’s sister teaching hospitals by attending various committee meetings.
- Other duties may be assigned as required at the discretion of the Manager, Research Contracts.
- Completion of Undergraduate degree (in Business, Law or a Healthcare related field);
- 3-5 years of similar experience (e.g., practical experience in contract review & negotiation)
- Excellent Negotiating skills and conflict management skills;
- Ability to analyze legal documents and to explain their meaning in non-technical terms;
- Knowledge and experience in clinical research and clinical trials regulation an asset;
- General resourcefulness and an ability to quickly find, learn, and assimilate new information is a must;
- Knowledge of and familiarity with research policies and guidelines, including the Tri-Council Policy Statement, December 2014 and the ICH Good Clinical Practice Guidelines preferred;
- Excellent decision making/problem solving skills, attention to detail and interpersonal competencies;
- Excellent customer service record with proven success working as a part of a team;
- Strong MS Office software applications;
- Well-developed organizational skills with the ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Demonstrated success building and maintaining effective working relationships with all levels of management and staff;
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and manage multiple time sensitive documents for review simultaneously;
- Understanding of legal terminology.
Closing date: 7/30/2021
For more information see https://www.recruitingsite.com/csbsites/unityhealth/JobDescription.asp?lang=en&JobNumber=880250