The Research Ethics Administrator ensures effective day-to-day support of the University’s Research Ethics Board (REB) and Animal Care Committee in the administration of the ethical review process.
- Research Ethics: Assists the Chair, Manager and administrators of the Research Ethics Board (REB) and Animal Care Committees in processing of research ethics submissions through all stages of the review, in accordance with the regulations and guidelines governing human research participant and animal research protection; Makes recommendations, provides advice, and participates in discussions of the Research Ethics Board and Animal Care Committee as an ex-officio, non-voting member of these committees
- Online Ethics Submission and Review System: Promotes faculty member use of the system, instructing Research Ethics Board members, faculty researchers, student and staff researchers, as well as external researchers, individually or in-group, in effective access and usage of the Online Ethics Submission and Review system
- Communications and Education: Assisting investigators/coordinators in meeting REB and ACC requirements; Serves as a resource for REB and ACC members, research coordinators and investigators on ethics practices. Acts as a resource to the University community, including students, on procedures and issues in research ethics through workshops and presentations
- Completion of a 4-year post-secondary Bachelor’s degree program in a related field is required.
- Two years of experience in a research environment with experience in research ethics review processes, in a support role capacity is required
- Familiarity with federal ethics guidelines and related provincial guidelines with respect to privacy and ethics.
- Sound familiarity with university culture and context, including familiarity with the range of university disciplines and academic discourse; nature of university scholarly, research and creative activities.
For more information and to apply, go to
Deadline to apply: March 31, 2022