Queen’s University – Ethics Office Assistant
Reporting to the Manager, Research Ethics and Compliance, the Office Assistant is responsible for providing routine to
complex administrative and problem-solving support in a customer-focused manner to individuals within the Office of
Research Ethics Compliance. This position will act as the front line receptionist for the Office of Research Ethics Compliance
and be responsible for welcoming all guests, answering the telephone, and redirecting calls when necessary. The Office
Assistant will liaise with the university and the larger community, will provide calendar management for senior
administrators in the context of competing demands and a broad portfolio of activities. Duties may also include ordering
office supplies, coordinating workshops and special events.
The Office Assistant will also be the primary contact for managing and maintaining events within the Tools for Research at
Queen’s (TRAQ) system in addition to the organization and dissemination of data and information to assist with the overall
functioning of the office.
• Two-year post- secondary diploma in business administration with previous relevant experience in a high-profile
• Previous relevant administrative or professional support experience within an office or service environment, preferably
within a university environment considered an asset.
• Knowledge of university structure and computing/financial/administrative systems will be considered an asset.
• Demonstrated proficiency in computer and office skills, including an ability to work with a variety of word processing,
spreadsheet, and database applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, WebPublish etc.) combined with an aptitude to learn new
• Consideration may be given to an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Application Deadline: April 25, 2021
For more information and to apply: https://queensu.njoyn.com/CL4/xweb/Xweb.asp?tbtoken=Z1FYRRkXCBN2YgNzN1UhCFVJAWNEcCBccEhZVl19ExBQUTYaXkASemUBdAkbUxFaS3cqWA%3D%3D&chk=ZVpaShw%3D&clid=74827&page=jobdetails&jobid=J0321-1275&BRID=EX196797&SBDID=1&LANG=1