University of Waterloo, Office of Research Ethics
1 year contract
The Research Ethics Advisor (REA) serves as the primary liaison between the Office of Research Ethics (ORE) and the researcher and his/her research team. The REA is responsible for facilitating the research ethics submission and review process and overseeing the effectiveness and efficiency of the online ethics review system.
- Point person for all inquiries and questions regarding research compliance obligations including the requirements and processes involved with obtaining and maintaining ethics clearance.
- Provides consultation to faculty, student and staff researchers regarding the ethics review process and the required ethical obligations according to institutional, national and provincial requirements and guidelines
- Conducts delegated review of specified minimal risk ethics applications
- Reviews revisions of designated research ethics applications to ensure the reviewers’ comments have been addressed, meet the required ethical requirements and guidelines, and recommend approval for the research to proceed
- Reviews amendments/modifications of protocols/ethics applications to assess risk level and recommend approval for the change to be made to the research
For ore information and to apply:
Job description: https://hr.uwaterloo.ca/.jd/00002084.pdf
Applications accepted until a suitable candidate is found.