Canadian Association of Research Ethics Boards (CAREB/ACCER) acknowledges that this learning module is a beginning of a larger conversation surrounding research with Indigenous communities.
Key Learning Objectives:
- Identify how researchers may gain awareness of community and regional customs and practices.
- Explore the significance of community engagement when researching and working with Indigenous communities.
- Understand community engagement for Indigenous research in The Tri-Council Policy Statement: Ethical Conduct for Research Involving Humans (TCPS 2) .
- Explore how research contributes to capacity building in Indigenous communities.
- Discuss how research can be mutually beneficial for the researcher and community.