We have begun planning for our 2021 CAREB-CCER virtual conference to be held May 5th, 6th, and 7th 2021. This year our annual conference will be a little different in the following ways:
- It will be virtual;
- It will consist of three shorter days;
- It will aim to reach a wider audience including research ethics board members and administrators, researchers, and research participants.
Due to the virtual nature of our conference and the current context being what it is, this year’s theme is Shining a light on research ethics: How we have worked, overcome, and are moving forward. We need your help to deliver exceptional content aligned with this theme to meet the needs of our broader target audience. We will keep the presentations short, and plan to include poster presentations, more extended breakout sessions, and a variety of hands-on workshop sessions. We already have a fantastic line up of keynote and plenary speakers.
Call for presenters
We are looking for exceptional speakers, presenters and posters as we are mixing things up this year, your presentation options are:
- A poster presentation: 5-minute prerecorded presentation and poster (instructions/support on how to complete will be provided);
- A short breakout session: 20-minute presentation + 10-minute question period;
- Delivery of a hands-on workshop: 2 hours each
The deadline for all calls will be March 20, 2021. If you are interested in presenting provide a 300 maximum word abstract describing how your topic fits into our broad theme. We hope to have speakers also consider addressing themes in research ethics including Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion work (EDI), personal resiliency, COVID-19 learnings, advancements in research ethics, and more. We look forward to your application!